Saturday 16 June 2012

Friday 15 June 2012


I went running before work this week on Thursday and again this morning. Earlier in the week, on Monday, I was signed-off by the Dietitian as I've lost a lot of weight, but was reminded that I need to do 30 minutes exercise every day. I did my best ever time of 13 minutes seconds for the run to the Lobster Smack and back on Thursday and a more sedate 14 minutes seconds today. After each run, my "cool down" was a walk round the block with Georgie and Buddy.

The results from last Sunday's family attempt at Orienteering  at Langdon Hills have been published on the HAVOC website and we came 45th out of 48. It was quite a serious event but somehow we contrived not to come last!

I watched England play against Sweden in the second group game of the Euros this evening. Roy Hodgson (England Manager) had decided to play 2 central forwards (Andy Carroll and Danny Welbeck) when most teams are playing 4-5-1.  And the genius that is Roy Hodgson ensured a 3-2 win with both Welbeck and Carroll scoring and an inspired substitution bringing on Theo Walcott to score the equaliser at 2-2 and set up the winner. Good match.

No comments:

Post a Comment