Monday 25 June 2012

Weekend 23 & 24 June 2012


On Saturday morning, I took Luc to Danbury.

Whilst Luc was doing the high ropes, I paddled my kayak on the Chelmer & Blackwater Navigation at Paper Mill Lock. I was a bit better than last time but was struggling to get comfortable. I thought it was down to the bar at the end of the kayak needing adjustment but actually it was down to my big feet in trainers not reaching the bar. I also bumped into Barry from Bramston Canoe Club who was leading a group of school children and suggested that I came along to one of their Monday night sessions in Witham.

In the afternoon, we went to the Pumpkins Nursery School summer fete. There was a sponsored walk which Luc, Julie and Georgina. The children had temporary tattoos, played hook the duck, named the bear and entered raffles and tombollas.

Luc has decided to take up painting and yused my mother's old water colour set which was virtually unused as she preferred oils. He did some nice paintings of beaches and fields.

In the evening I watched Spain beat France easily at the Euros.

On Sunday, I took part in the Horndon-on-the-Hill 10k and recorded a reasonable time of 60 minutes and 7 seconds. It's by no means my best ever time but it is a good come back to running.

In the afternoon, I did some gardening and the threatened continuous rain forecast for the day turned out to be 2 quick showers so I was disappointed that we didn't go to the Blackwater Show.

Luc did some more pictures and I'll feature them on his website in the next few days.

In the evening I watched the inevitable England defeat to Italy in the quarter final of the European Championships on penalties. England were hopeless in normal time which finished 0-0 and barely strung 2 passes together.


No comments:

Post a Comment