Saturday 28 April 2012

Saturday 28 April 2012

Home     Business     Gallery    Archived News    Blog     Biography    Contact

Luc's Danbury Outdoors Saturday morning activities started today. He went mountain biking and BMXing in the pouring rain whilst I ran a circular route of 6.2 miles from the Outdoor Centre to Butts Green and back. It was a lovely undulating run on the country roads and I even had to run through a ford. It took me 1 hour 13 minutes 39 seconds so I wasn't exactly pushing it. I read my book (Scorpia Rising by Adam Horowitz) whilst I was waiting for Luc to finish and stiffened up.


Luc fell off the mountain bike into a big puddle but he had a great time. Fortunately, I had 2 towels and a fleece to dry Luc and wrap him up.


We all went to Wicks and Homebase to look at kitchen tiles, sinks, taps and work surfaces. I went to the library and took out the "Falcon's Malteser" by Anthony Horowitz - it's the first Diamond Brother story so I'll see what I think of that series.

It was the last day of the regular Championship season and West Ham missed out on promotion as Southampton beat already relegated Coventry 4-0. West Ham, Blackpool, Birmingham and Cardiff will now take part in the play-offs. Southampton and Reading were promoted. Fulham got thrashed by Everton 4-0, just as I was thinking they might finish above both Everon and Liverpool. Canvey Island FC won 5 - 0 but remain in the Ryman Premier League having failed to make the play-offs.

Luc went out to play with Mitchell, Megan and Holly and got soaked. There are now 4 sets of his clothes in the washing machine just from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment