Sunday 20 May 2012

Sunday 20 May 2012

We all slept really well and didn't get up until after 8am. The weather was forecast to be awful today but actually it was overcast and quite mild. 

Luc and I went to Thorndon Country Park at Ingrave near Brentwood and for the first time in my life but not that I hadn't wanted to previously, we went orienteering. It was organised by Havering and South Essex Orienteering Club (HAVOC). We did 2 courses totalling just over 5 kilometres but the reality is we covered far more distance as the direct lines particularly on the second harder course were impassable . It took us just over 2 hours to do both courses. Thorndon Park is lovely with lots of paths for runners, walkers, dogs and mountain bikers. Luc enjoyed himself very much as well and got to keep his maps and compass. Some of the views on to open countryside were amazing

In the afternoon, we all went to the recycling centre and then wen to the recently revamped play ground near Dead Man's Creek on Canvey We also went on to the beach. I played a bit of football with Luc in the garden.

With Orienteering now done that's just about all my lifetime sporting ambitions done. I haven't been Windsurfing, Water skiing or Scuba diving but apart from a brief yearning to water ski I've never really wanted to do any of those. I now want to run 10K in under an hour and to get better at kayaking so that will do me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment